Pages

10.22.2008

Positano Living

We hit the Hotel Jackpot again in Positano. Ted and I got a deluxe room with a bathroom bigger than some of the bedrooms we've had. It was so posh, we got spoiled.
Check out the views...
This is actually the town from a boat ride when we came back from Amalfi (I'll tell you about that later)...our hotel is about 2/3 of the way up!
This is looking down from our hotel balcony into the street. Lot's of shopping, twisty streets, and limoncelo!!
We got in kind of late and had to immediately head to our dinner at a restaurant up the street. Another food fest, oh darn! It was all served family style with platters and platters coming out of the kitchen to applause by the group.
New friends John & Linda dishing out the pasta course.
Some kind of ravioli with sauce and cheese. It's all becoming a blur. I know I scarfed it down no problemo!
Fresh thick pasta noodles with all kinds of little clams and mussels. Yum. Then a platter of eggplant parmigiana that I just wanted to dive in to...
When the desserts started coming I started to cry... not sure if it was for joy or the madness taking hold. What are you going to do with a platter like this? Nothing to do but give in.
Really good Tiramasu. And I didn't even get a picture of the platter of canolis as I was busy stuffing myself.
My buddy Jen...
More friends Linda and Bob.
Yup, it's going down bad.
We're not coming back. As long as the euros keep popping out of the little bancomat, we're just going to keep going!! Ha!
Chow!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so jealous of you both for the fresh mozzarella - we need to get some land and then some water buffalo - keep having fun it all ends soon then reality will smack you in the face.
JP

Anonymous said...

I loved the picture at the top of Vesuvious and I'm so proud of you not falling on either hike up the volcanos, JP is right enjoy for reality is just around the corner. Can't wait to see ya both. Love ya! Mb

Anonymous said...

Those sweet treats looked like heaven!! And I loved your pics of the volcanos, looking forward to seeing more.
-KY

Anonymous said...

We are all enjoying your trip
right along with you. It is so sweet of you to take the time to
include us in your travels and food !! Of course we do miss you and look forward to being able to talk to you.Love, Mom and Lare in Alaska

Anonymous said...

Did I tell you I LOVE Lemoncello?
Stay Safe in Naples and see ya soon
R