Pages

10.22.2008

No Repeat of 79 AD

We made it up Vesuvius and back down with no eruptions. Feeling luckier than Pompeii!! Yesterday we hiked up our 2nd volcano in 3 weeks. How many people can say that? The weather was a little iffy - cloud cover - but there were some gases venting so you never know. I mean this volcano has erupted A LOT in the last 100 years but nothing since 1944, so it's probably due. The picture above was taken at the top near the big crater. We were up in the clouds. The big crater - well, one side of it! Did I say it was a climb up? I earned my gelato that day, I can tell you! I think I'll just roll back down hill. He ran ahead - what a show off. Carroll and Ken, the photographers of the group. A pensive Ted...showing off Roro's ankles of course. Hike up a volcano, have a party at the top. Ted brought the wine! A happy Jen! Nancy and Chuck, enjoying the view. Gail, showing off a new look. I'm roughing it, can you tell? Heading down... Ok. Nap time. Off to Sorento next. Chow! Carolina

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What can I say? You will be so glad that you did this blog thing. You'll be able to write a book or series of books.
Connie

Anonymous said...

Caroline and Ted: I have so enjoyed all your stories and pictures. It has been 36 years since I have been to Italy and you've brought back so many wonderful memories! I have enjoyed all the marvelous foodie pics as well as the recounting of your endless parties. I'm only wondering, Caroline, how you are going to ever be able to sit at a desk again! Enjoy these last few days and tip a few vinos(or more) for me!! ....YHA

Ron & Roni Lechner said...

It has been fun extending our Italy trip through you guys & Rabbit. I already miss the best fruti di mare in the world!! Stay clear of the Napoli "mafia" and have a good trip home!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the pictures and updates. Perhaps the next time I visit family in Germany I should head south for a few days.

By the way, come across any good wheels of Parmigiana????

MJG

Anonymous said...

Everyone else carried bottles of water... Ted carried wine.

Also, Caroline in some of the pictures you look so much like mom JP

Anonymous said...

What can I can..... Wao!!!!!
and JP is correct with the obsievation.
R

Anonymous said...

In Panera with hi spead so i can really see the pictures and laugh out loud at JP and Richard's comment, it is sooo true. I've so enjoyed your trip it's been like a mini vacation. Mb

Anonymous said...

I can say I can't type or spell
Thats what I can say
R