Pages

10.22.2008

Amalfi Attitude

What are you going to do on a free Monday in Positano? You can wander around and shop, browse with the beautiful people, or you can take a trip down the coast to Amalfi. Surrounded by dramatic cliffs and scenery, famous for its Limoncello and the burial place of Saint Andrew, Amalfi has been the "beach scene" for Roman emperors and movie stars alike. And they still let us in. We took the bus from Positano for the full affect, along the twisty road (something like Rt.1 on the CA coast or Skyline Drive in VA), and came back by boat so we could get a good view of the coastline. It was pretty touristy and you could get your fill in a couple of hours but it was a great way to spend the morning. Our first view of Amalfi as we got off the bus... Ted and Tom couldn't resist... it's like this fountain was built for kids in grown-up suits... St. Andrew's Cathedral... they let us in and there were no lightning bolts, even though we did not behave ourselves. Ok, I know this is wrong on so many levels, but BR and Lion wanted to pay there respects to St. Andrew, so...
What a view... this is the Amalfi Coast of Italy!! Having a blast!
Chow!
Carolina...

3 comments:

Kristen M said...

Wow! Your pictures are so gorgeous! I'm so jealous of all of the sights, experiences, and the FOOD! I've never even been out of the country yet and now I see what I'm missing! I'm going to have to show my fiancee (yes - I'm engaged!), he's been to Europe before and is dying to return. So that means one of these days I'll actually get to use my passport =D
- Kristen

Lil e bell said...

I want a grown up suit! At least the boys didn't jump into the middle of the fountain; perhaps they would have with a glass of wine?? heheheh

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Lemoncello. Oh and the pics are beautiful!!!!!
R