Pages

9.18.2008

The Great Gelato Experiment

Allora, Gelato... For me it is the pure, concentrated essence of Italian desserts. Whenever I visit Italy I must have it, daily, without reservation or guilt. Just una pallina (one scoop)... well, maybe due palline! My favorite flavor is nocciola (hazelnut) with cioccolato (chocolate) as a close second. Ted likes frutti di bosco literally fruits of the forest (blueberries, blackberries, etc.) but technically that's sorbetto if it doesn't contain milk. He doesn't seem to care. As we embark on this new trip, I think an experiment is in order - let's see if we can try 30 flavors! Each day we will seek out the best Gelateria and try a new flavor. I will have to sneak some bacio in there too (think Nutella flavored ice cream - yum!) but we'll see what we can come up with. Buono!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nicely done - I expect something written everyday on your trip - even if is just a line or two -- JP

Anonymous said...

Can you leave us photos?? Good time to leave the country too!! joelah