Pages

9.30.2008

Drop Dead Gorgeous

On Monday we traveled north to Taormina to start the tour. What a difference from Catania... this is where the beautiful people have been coming for hundreds of years. And here we are (yes, they let us in...it's a mystery). Anyway, so much too remember about the past 24 hours so I thought I'd just go with random thoughts we've had and some more pictures... All the women here are super models - right down to the cashiers and hotel clerks. And they're nice too! Not fair, makes it worse. Needless to say, Ted's been taking lots and lots of pictures. There will be a whole scrapbook of his pictures of advertisements. Obviously, we didn't bring enough black clothes. Guess what Ted found? They use black lava stone in everything - jewelry, nick knacks (like a bust of General Patton), street pavers, buildings, everything. It's very cool. This is Gelato Nirvana! Today we swam in the Ionian Sea. No sand, only marble pebbles. Water so clear I could see my toes 5 feet down, and so saline I could float head\shoulders above the water without trying. Mount Etna at my back. Mazzaro beach, Taormina. Just so you know, I was swimming about the same time as my usual weekly staff meeting was going on. I am so LOL! Greco Roman Amphitheatre The city... Taormina is absolutely beautiful. Boneless Rabbit, chilling my the sea.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD!!!! I find this SOOOOO COOL I'm communicating with my sissy half a wold away. So how many Gattos has Ted called in to date? I'm trying to keep count.
R

Anonymous said...

hey you guys, it sounds like you are off to a great start! I hear that the further south you go in Italy the more entrinched you become in the true Italian way of life and culture, so you guys are really in the thick of things. I have only been to Florence and it was many years ago, but I loved it then and your pictures make me want to follow my own Italian Rabbit Trail.

Safe Travels,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

I almost logged off tonight without checking, what a mistake that would have been. Can't wait to try the pistachio pesto, can we make the cream sauce with it?

do the cats follow ted where ever he goes?

Way to go ordering dinner in Italian!

Love ya both!
Mb

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you two are having a blast! The pics are beautiful, makes me wish I was there :)

So mom wants to know if Ted brought the bag of cat food with him or did he buy it there??? ;) I remember the cars (and dogs) being like squirrals to us here. I'm sure hes loving that :)

Anyways, looking forward to your next post.
-KY

Anonymous said...

Ky
Why are cars (and dogs) like squirrels?

Anonymous said...

I ment cats... cats and dogs run free like squirrels :)